Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Woke up to snow this morning.


This year spring came a bit on the early side, and I wasn't quite ready to let winter go... but over the last few weeks I have gotten used to the idea that the snow is out and the green grass will soon be in. So, snow this morning was confusing. Was I happy? What I upset?

Meh. It's all melted now regardless.

Anyway, the weather feels remarkably like my state of mind these days. Am I coming or going? What exactly is my plan here? No plan!? What a shocker.

I was asked a while back -if there's one thing you could change about you to make a healthy improvement in your life, what would it be?

There are actually quite a lot of things, but after some thought I realised that the biggest change would be to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. And I think I'd have to add that that means actually GETTING up after I wake up. Like, setting the alarm for 6 am and getting up without hitting the snooze button for 45 minutes. I wish I was exaggerating.

So, WHY NOT? What am I ever going to accomplish by just theorising about it?? Tomorrow is the first day of a new month, what better time to start than with a fresh new month? I've heard it said that it take a month to ingrain a new habit, so here goes... I'm committing to going to bed every night at 10 pm and waking up at 6 am every morning for April 2010.

No comments: